Need some opinions on roofrack light configurations

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt DeFina

Reaction score
Have decided to make my own light bar.

Would like some opinions on the following lighting configurations.

Please help me decide placement:

5 Lights:

[Broken External Image]:

4 lights:

[Broken External Image]:

3 offset lights:

[Broken External Image]:

8 lights:

[Broken External Image]:

Any thoughts, which options like, dislike.. etc..

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the ones shown I like the 5 light arrangement. In GA the blue will probably get you some attention you don't want.:smile0008:

I like the 5 and the 8 light setups. What lights are those that you're gonna use, I like the slim lowprofile look. I have the center two set back an inch and the outer two barely facing outward to light up more are in front

[Broken External Image]:

Make sure it's legal to have lights up there. Some states allow them, but they have to be covered when on the road.

Jerry, nice Trac. always wanted to get a Tal and Hadas roll bar, in black. where did you get yours?

I'll be using modified small driving lights from slick car:

http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=205

(modify to bolt directly to bar and not the mount)

I lucked out and got it from a former member from up in Grand Rapids, Mi.. Drove up there, handed him $150, bolted it on and came home. Great guy, wish I could've gotten the matching front bar too but he already sold it before I got in touch with him.

I was looking into getting some low profile lights like those for the roof for better aerodynamics but used what I had instead. Now I can't fit in any parking garages or most regular home garages truck stands over 7' high now. Oh well, I'm still gonna lift it another 4-6"'s by the time I'm done.:smile0012:

yea, that's my prob, as you can tell my building has a parking garage, with a 7' max height at the gate.

May be time to move ;)

Most parking garages around here are 6'6"-7' So I can't even walk under the clearence bar without ducking. I'm 6'' tall myself.

:smile0010::smile0012:

puhhh that 5 lights is cool. gave me an idea keeping me from buying an emergency lightbar. ima put the 5 offroad lights on top and 4 red leds in the front on the bottom of the bar with 4 reds on the back. :smile0015:

Hey everyone where can I find the bars those goes ascross the top or what is it called so I can find it?

Thanks

Shawn

p.s. I like the 4 lights setup have plans to do the same thing

Nice Trac Matt. I'm in Atlanta too. Seems like GA folks are coming out of the wood works these days. Had to trim my antennae because it would smack the parking deck at work.. So annoying. I'd never be able to get in with that setup. Oh yeah, I like the 5 light look as well. :smile0006:

Thanks Everyone,

looks like the 5's out-weigh the 8's, but I ordered 8 lights today just in case, which allows me to play with the configuration on the bar still.. Once i get the light bar set up i'll post the real pics.

I'll be changing mine around in the springtime,just picked up either a Yakima LoadWarrior or MegaWarrior cargo basket, have to measure it to find out. I will finally be able to take my spare out of my bed and put on the roof with lights, shovel, jack and anything else I might need.:banana:

Maybe you can put the other three lights on a bar facing to the rear. I'll be putting some on the rear of mine as well.

:smile0006::smile0012:

OK, finally had some time to work on this.. here are latest pics:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts