need some guidance

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Alcaro

Reaction score
I have a 2002 (4x4) with original shocks, and have 88K miles. I changed the original tires at 18K miles to Michelin Cross Terrain and they have treated me well, but they also need replacement.

I've researched past posts and told my mechanic I want the Munroe Sensotrac (sp?) shocks and Goodyear Fortera Triple trac tires as replacements....................

He said the Munroe's are a good choice and suggested The Yokahama Geolander H/T-S for tires especially here in New England.......

He gave me a price of $1310. for the job which includes alignment.............

Question..............Is this price right for what i'm getting??

Thanks in advance..and your responses are much appreciated....

Bob

shocks took me about 2 hours to do by myself kinda slow, new tires installed cost me 500 (kinda bought cheap tires though), alignment cost me around 100, i think your price is pretty fair considering the new tires and shocks, alignment, and labor. the shocks aren't hard to do if you are somewhat mechanical. i took my time and went on a 9-1-1 and it still took me only 2 hours. but sounds pretty good. getting ready for snow? i hear we are supposed to get slammed in the NE this year but you know, they always say that...

If you are half way handy, you can do the shocks yourself easily. I did mine with my daughter (19) helping (we did plugs at the same time and I needed her small hands).

joecool, the ford dealer is always going to be higher. Then you will get the same crappy stock shocks. Never go to the dealer for something that can be done elsewhere.

I recently did shocks and tires on my '05

Monroe reflex shocks- $170

install $110

Nexen 18"Roadian tires- $425

Install $105

Total $810 Bought all on Ebay...figure a bit more for your tires.