need some advice.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Roncarati

Reaction score
I've got an '01 Green ST that is really starting to show her age. Getting a little dull, and has some scrapes and scratches. Never really been buffed or waxed. I'm sure that would make an improvement, and I was wondering what I can expect to pay an auto body shop for something like that. Or, is it that tough to buy a buffer and try myself. I just don't want to wreck the thing!

Thanks, and GO BRUINS!

Mike,

I use the Meguire's 3 step products when I do the hard core detailing. The paint cleaner and polish take out all the swirl marks. Mine is almost 7 years old and it has no swirl marks, just a few door dings.

I use a Craftsman rechargeable orbital polisher to save time. Its worked well for me

if i waxed my vehicles twice a year that would be alot.

i always use a "quick" spray wax while drying.

in your case, i would leave it for the pro's.

i have my vehicles done once a year by my body shop and that seems to do it.

based on the age and your explanation of the paint condition, i think that is the best bet.

probably would be about $100 for the exterior only and throw in another 100 for a good interior detail as well.

btw, i suffer from o.c.d. :lol:

good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, If you're not afraid to DIY, check out Griotsgarage.com, they have everything you could think of for car care. I've used a lot of thier products and have found them to be far superior to any available in stores. Good luck, Bob.:rolleyes:

Latest posts