Need measurements for dual 8inch subwoofer box!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Hey all, i'm into the idea of getting some still decent bass in my truck but with being able to use the back seat again. I will probably be getting 2 JL 8w3v2s and i would like to do them ported if possible. JL specs say around .75cubic feet per sub for ported. I know there is a member here with 2 8w3s behind the seat, even if they are sealed, can you please email me with your measurements?? Or if anyone else knows of how i can get a dual chambered around 1.5 cu ft box to fit behind the seat without hitting the seats i'd love to hear from you!

Thanks

PS - Check swap and sell as im selling my current system!

Andy:D

Thanks JD. Will an 8w3v2 fit in your box? the mounting depth is 4.31 inches. Also, do you make special order boxes or ported boxes?? What is the internal volume of your dual 8 boxes? Thanks

Andy

Should be fine on mounting depth. Dual boxes removing the storage compartment are approx .75 total. That does not cover the whole rear though only goes to the rear window motor so there is some more room available.

Coming up with enough airspace to make a proper ported box behind the seats I think would be very hard and not something that I would be willing to do for a paying customer. (I would hate for the result to not be good)

Also a ported box you should not block the port so the only good way to fire it would be up. That makes the port very interesting to create. It would have to be a 2" slot port which isn't very big and will most likely result in a lot of port noise.

That is why I have only and will only build sealed boxes in the ST. In a trunk I would build a ported box all day long but it's much easier to figure out and do correctly.

Have you seen the console option? I have a single 10 and it pounds pretty good in there.

Latest posts