Need help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Dedrick

Reaction score
Ok so here's my situation..I ordered new torsion bolts to level out my truck after I put warrior shackles on the rear..the Drivers side went fine however the passenger side won't budge at all after I screw in so far..I believe the main part is frozen..I've sprayed it with liquid wrench and I think i might be able to back out the torsion bolt a bit and use the weigh of the truck to break free whatever it's frozen up..ANY IDEAS?

Also I recently put 1" spacers on with the schackles and lately I've been noticing a cracking/popping coming from the front..ideas also please? Don't know if it's just coenidence or if I've done something

Is the suspension unloaded? MUCH easier that way, especially when tightening.

If so, heat the bolt with a torch. The thread lock the factory uses is very strong. GL

You used the right tool to preload the key in place while you switch out the bolts, right?

Did you round off the ends of the new bolts like the old ones were?, this is important for the key the move freely on the bolt.

Cracking, popping in the front end sounds like either balljoints or hub bearing assemblies. It depends on the type of sound and when it makes it. Does it make it while turning or going over bumps?

Yea I used the right tool..I even took it to a shop to c if they knew and they wanted to order a new bracket or whatever it is on that side..and like I said the drivers side went completely fine..I just think that maybe the whole thing is locked up I dunno they think so to but can't ever believe mechanics these days..also iv had bothe hubs replaced the past two years..and it just started doing it the past week or so about the same time I started messing with things..but iv followed everyone's direction on the projects

Iv narrowed to clicking noise down to something with suspension I believe..it only does it once or twice when I apply the brakes after going the opposite of either forward or reverse of what what I was going not any other time I apply the breaks tho just the first time I apply them from going back or forth