Need help with shocks for lowered st

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee Wettstein

Reaction score
Next week I am planning to lower my st another 1.25" in the front (I have 1.75" in the front right now with a tt and 2" blocks in the rear, I am going to put in some lowering torsion keys and some 3" blocks in the rear)

The problem i'm having is trying to find shocks for the front with a 3" drop. If anyone knows what I need, please let me know asap, thanks.

Cheers,

Lee

:haveabeer:

When I lowered mine, the Monroe Reflexes that were in place have worked just fine.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I've read good reviews on the Doetsch Tech Nitro Slammer shocks designed for dropped trucks.

Also the Edelbrock ED3389X from EE. Don't know their maximum recommended drop height.

I've been using stock length Monroe Sensa-Trac's for two years without problems. (3/2 drop)

P.S.- I was 1/4" from the front bump stops with my 2 inch drop. Removed them, yet to bottom out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked into the nitro slammers and I might just order them, they make a strong argument that they make the best lowered shock in the whole world They even offer a lifetime guarantee, how can I go wrong.

Thanks for the input guys.

Cheers,

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts