Need help with a double din deck install

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason nguyen

Reaction score
Well I just purchased the new Alpine IVA-W200 and am having problems installing it.

For those that have installed a D-din, where abouts did you trim the bezel, did you use a car kit or just the sleeve that came with the deck, etc? Any detailed tips would be greatly appreciated.

[Broken External Image]:

I had to trim the top and bottom of the inside lip of the bezel and leaving the side as is to allow two single din units, this worked fine for me. I used just the metal frames that came with the radio to install them into the bezel. I then cut 2 trim pieces to fill in the gaps on the sides.

do a search on ebay for: explorer double din

you will find something

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnnyB,

Those kits on eBay are for the current gen Explorer, not the one the Trac is based off of.

Tom

Hey Jason,

I just installed that deck in my trac a couple weeks ago. The alpine trim bezel will not fit in the stock stereo opening. Metra/Stinger/Scoche make a double din trim bezel that works i believe.

I didn't use a mount kit or a bezel. I back strapped my deck and built my own trim bezel out of ABS plastic. I used to be an installer so it wasn't too difficult for me to install my deck.

Bottom line is, a little trimming and adjustments and it will fit.

Adam,

Did you trim the upper end lower tabs on the radio bezel? I figure if I do that and remove the sleeve it should sit correctly.

Do you think you might be able to provide a pic of the finished project?

Jason

Hey Jason,

Yes I did have to trim the upper and lower lips of the stock opening. Once that was done i was able to make my own strap system to hold the deck in securely. It doesn't move at all and is gonna be real tough to steal.

I didn't use the alpine sleeve (mounting cage) or the trim bezel as they wouldn't fit and wouldn't look good if i started to shave it here and there.

I'll take some pics tonite if I have the time and post them.

Adam

Here are the pics you requested Jason, hope it gives you an idea.:cool:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts