Need Help....Power locks...P0401 code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor V01

Reaction score
My power locks stopped working in the drivers door. All the other locks work using the drivers side door switch. Just the drivers door wont work. I took the door panel apart, removed the power lock actuator, and ordered a new one. I connected the replacement actuator, but it still doesn't work.Any ideas?

Also, I have a check engine code P0401. Insuffecient egr flow. i replaced the DPFE sensor, and the light was out for about a month.. Now it on again with the same code.. Any other common problems associated with this code?

Thanks in advance .Victor

The drivers door could be the switch. A quick check with an ohm meter will tell you if you are getting power.

As for Code P0401...It could be a bad replacment DPFE sensor. Your EGR tube could also be clogged.

Tom

Caymen,

But the other doors lock/unlock with the drivers switch. I have power on one pin at the actuator when i checked it, not the other. Im not sure if both are supposed to have power.

I thought that about the DPFE, but dont want to have to buy another. Is there a way of testing?

Cleaning the EGR tube would tell you if the system is clogged causing you to have insufficient flow. I don't know if there is a test for the DPFE sensor.

As for the switch, just because the other windows work fine does not mean the switch is good. If you notice, there are 4 windows and 4 switches. If one switch controled all 4 windows, you would have a point. Check the harness that goes into the window regulator. If it is hot when you hit the switch, the replacment regulator is bad. I have seen that happen before.

Tom

Also check the hoses on the dpfe sensor for splits or cracks and good seal. Just a thought since you say the sensor is new.

Update on power locks:

Red wire going to actuator has no power....I think its the lock position, pink or purple wire with blk stripe has power. Took the pass door apart and checked wires there.Also tried drivers actuator on pass door....it works!

Removed switch on drivers door, checked for power there.....not shure what to check though. The 2 center ports when checked with my probing light actuates the lock/unlock switch. It did not opperate drivers door.Im not sure if pass door switch is the same. I will check that tomorrow

EGR tube:

Whats the best/easiest way to clean EGR tube?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts