Need help finishing my project

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Long

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

Okay, I finished my instrument lights (with help from BigD...thanks dude). I removed the heater/AC panel and the back of it is painted to show the green color. I can't sand off the green paint because it is glued to the plastic piece that holds it in place...I can't get the faceplate off without tearing it up. I noticed there was a project for this in the project section, but it is a 2001 ST. Theirs was simple, they just had to remove a plastic piece that was painted green and any color light will shine through. I replaced the factory lights with blue LEDs and it was too dim to even see it, also, it had a green tint to it.

I went to the dealer to see about ordering the whole assembly for a 2001. The faceplate on a 2001 is black, mine is some kind of beige color...but I am cool with that. He said it was 35 bucks (which is fine too), but I have to pay for it when I order it and there are no returns.

Which brings me to my question...Will a 2001 heater/AC panel fit in a 2003...or, does anybody have one lying around that is in good shape that they want to get rid of?

Why they made all the gauges green and put in a blue stereo is beyond me, but it has bugged me since I bought it and I want to get all this done.

TIA

Decrease the size of your picture. It is so large that even your text runs off the page.

Many people will not read it if it is not easy..

It'll work. It's just a faceplate change, none of the internals are changed.

What I would do is go to a junkyard and grab just the part that you need, the faceplate without the overlay. That way you keep your guts and insure no problems, plus save a few bucks.

Latest posts