Need help/advice on foglights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Zuber

Reaction score
Got a non-ST question here..I want to install foglights on my 07 Toyota Corolla. The vehicle seems to be wired already; there are connectors under the false foglight covers. In the fuse box there is a 10 amp fuse called "fog" and an empty spot for a 4-prong relay switch. There is power to the relay female connectors (in the fuse box), and when I "jumped" the main two relay connections, power was provided to the foglight connectors. Unfortunately, I don't think I can find the small wires going under the dash for the relay switch. If I could, I could install a switch, put in the relay and be ready to obtain the after market lights. What about running wires from the fuse box relay connections and using a heavy switch? But that would require having to run wires through the fuse box cover..that's the only way I can see to do this. I called a Toyota dealership..on guy is trying to see if he can find where the relay wires might be. Any ideas?

There is most probably a connector behind the dash that the foglight switch should plug into already.

I can't imagine there being a different wiring harness, one for vehicles with and one for vehicles without the foglights.

I would try to look at a wiring diagram or physically look up under the dash in the general location the stock switch goes and see if an empty connector can be located.

Thanks Tom...you're right, no difference in wiring harness. The problem is that the cars with fog lights have the switch within the turn signal lever. Big bucks to change out and difficult to find the wire. I talked with a shop..their recomendation was to run a new wire from the new relay to a switch and then ground the switch. Should do the same as the original turn signal lever switch.

Latest posts