need center armrest cover

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the repair kit in the above link. The instructional video is very helpful and the job came out fine. The hardest part was stapling the new cover to the hard plastic frame of the armrest and smoothing the corners.

Just checked that link. The second picture with the tan is actually a picture of mine that I allowed him to use. I also got the premium padding and it is definitely worth it.

I recently bought a repair kit from octane-usa on e-bay. The dark gray is not nearly as dark as the upholstery and original lid in my '01 ST. It's more of a medium gray. Quality is good though. Like rmcalis said, the hardest part is stapling it to the hard plastic. I used heavier duty staples than recommended which may have been part of my problem as the thicker, wider points didn't want to penetrate the plastic. As the instructions say, the staples are just to hold it together until you screw the bottom cover back on. The bottom cover is really what holds the vinyl in place once it's all back together.

I replaced mine with camo fabric and my dad replaced his with Vinyl from a fabric store because ours cracked. If you click on the wrench by my name it's the first project on there. It only took about 15-20 min and was fairly cheap. Just depends on what you replace it with. A lot of the fabric stores around me will have a 40% or 50% off a single cut of material so you may want to look at that as well.

When I had to do the armrest cover on my '01 I also went the eBay route. Back then, the only game in town required me to mail them my armrest and they recovered it and mailed it back. The color wasn't an exact match (might have just been cleaner than the rest of my interior) but when I sold the Trac it wasn't noticed.

I went the eBay route about a year or so ago and would highly recommend it. Grey matched perfectly and the procedure was really easy. Aside from the kit, all I needed to buy were shorter staplers for my power stapler.

Latest posts