Need advice.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Roncarati

Reaction score
Looks like it's time for some new tires before the winter. I know squat about them so any advice or recommendations for a decent tire would be appreciated. Just the plain old stock wheels on a 2001. 235 75 15.

Thanks!

The stock michelin xterra's that came on mine were pretty good in snow for 2 winters, i have Kelly Safari Treks on it now, so-so in the winter... I had my eyes on some BFG Rugged Trail T/A's, tho... jmho

Take a look at www.tirerack.com. They have many brands and have surveys and tests of many of them. They give characteristics as to traction (ice, snow, rain and dry) as well as wear, etc. Their prices are pretty good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went with expensive tires once, they were nice. Then they got all fubar on me and I thought the suspension was falling apart.

Have BFG Long Trails now, they've held up nicely and did well last winter. Just noisy at times on the highway with the windows down. But at $500 installed all around, with all the road hazard and free balance and rotation trimmings, I can't complain.

Latest posts