need a little help from my friends...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Here is my problem, and I hope to not make this into an argument about right and wrong. I have nothing against anyone making a buck or two but this time of year really gets to me. I was fortunate enough to miss the Wii craze of last year, but couldn't miss this years craze. My kids really want a Zhu Zhu Hamster. I'm looking for 2 of them. Just like last year, the stores only get them in for a few minutes and then they are on E-Bay. They are an $8 item selling on E-Bay for $30-$40 each. I really don't want to pay that much for it. Call me cheap or whatever, I don't care. I'm asking anyone on here, if you by chance do see them in your store, to please get me 2 of them. Color doesn't matter. I will gladly pay you to cover all costs up to a certain point, I'm not going to pay some unreasonable amount like E-Bay, but I will make it worth your while.

To any that try to help, I thank you. I have been stopping in at my local Wallyworld every night after work (midnight) for the last 2 months and haven't found any yet. I'm just hoping someone in a larger town with a larger WalMart might come up with something.;)

I'm in Orlando, Stone. I'll keep an eye out for ya (even though I need to look online to see what they even are...). If I come across any, I'll grab them for ya and send them to you for cost, plus shipping.

I'd apprieciate it Jenn.

R&G, I know, I just have a hard time paying 5x's the price for an $8 toy. I won't do it. My kids will live without one before it comes to that.;)

Thanks R&G. We also found out that Peebles and Halmark are now carrying them. Not that they have any around here either.:wacko:

Oh, that article hit's it right on the head of why I don't want to pay $40 for one of these. They are made to be an $8 toy. The funny thing is there isn't a shortage of them on E-Bay. 250+ pages of stuff for sale. If all those were in stores, there wouldn't be this type of draw for them.:huh:

Hey stonemiser, I'm in Pittsburgh and will keep an I out for them. Next time you come to town we gotta get together, you live up in Punxy, right?

I really appreciate the help all. It's amazing there are none out there to be had.:wacko:

Jerry, I sure will shoot you a heads up next time I'm down your way. Hoping to catch a Pens game sometime here. I always go early to catch a bite to eat down at the fine Resturaunts down there. :cool:

Fast Eddie, I'm even embarrassed to say, but all they are is a Hamster the size of your hand. They run on batteries and have little wheels under them. You can get all the crap for them just like a real hamster, except not have to deal with the crap out of their butts and losing them to find them later dead and smelling up the house.:D Just like the article states, they are made to be an $8 toy. Nothing special about them except that every kids wants one.:wacko:

I will check at our local Wal-marts, plus have a friend working at Target. Hope somebody can help~

They are an $8 item selling on E-Bay for $30-$40 each

I see this as almost being base price. The only $8 was Black Friday Special

Last edited by a moderator:
My local Walmart still has the prices marked as $8 here. Been like that for months. I do know that other places were selling for a little more, but nothing even close to $30. ;)

By the way, this is why I love this site. You all are great on here.:cool:

Latest posts