Need a freelance web developer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather inOC

Reaction score
I've got a friend who wants a really simple website designed to showcase her growing photography business. Anyone interested in some freelance work (for not a whole heck of a lot of money) to build up their portfolio? Please e-mail me and let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

-Heather in OC

[email protected]

Can you give more specifics on what your friend is looking for? Something easily updateable for adding pics, or something relatively static with a few examples and contact info?

Heather,

I don't know what "for not a whole heck of a lot of money" truely means, but I would suggest to your friend that if she is really on a tight budget, she considers going with a web hosting plan that supports a content management app like dotnetnuke and then she can easily purchase a skin for the site from http://www.dotnetnukeskin.com/ or http://www.snowcovered.com. Then she can manage the site through the administrative modules and add as many pages as she likes and she has control over the content.

Custom site development is truely expensive from someone who has experience in web development and graphic design. I know 5 years ago when I was still doing contract development for local companies, I was charging around $150-200 per page and most sites I was developing has 7-8 pages of content. Of course most of them wanted flash, custom graphics and the such, which accounts for alot of the cost.

If she wants some help on setting a site up using dotnetnuke, I would be more than happy to assist her in getting the site set up. Else, I would just suggest to her that she be very cautious about cheap development offers, depending on what she is wanting.

Richard G.

Latest posts