Navigation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked to my local Ford assocessories expert and I wanted to do exactly what you want to do but due to a special wiring harness that Ford is developing, compatibility issue surround trying to do this. I cound not believe why this has to be so difficuilt. Then this expert along with a sales person pretty much trashed Ford's Nav system. I ended buying NUVI 660 refurbished from MegaGPS for 400 bucks. This lets me continue to use my Sync system and I bought a base mount for the GPS. This turned out to be the best way to go. The in dash NAV makes you look down too far. My NUVI 660 has a FM receiver to pick up traffic info and will re-route for accidents, road closures and slow traffic. E-mail me if you want a picture of how I have it mounted.

Good luck

Russ

Uh, my factory '07 Nav is awesome. And not low. And this wiring harness issue... It's crap. All you need is the radio and a GPS antenna.

Will any of the Ford or Mercury units work? I know they need to be programmed to work with the steering wheel controls and the sub, but is there any way to know which ones are correct?

Latest posts