n/a

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this for the vaccine or treatment? The treatment aspect is cool but she did not get swine flu from the flu vaccine. When you get a vaccine it contains the viral DNA but that virus has been inactivated either completely, or almost completely to the point in which it can do no harm to you. the process of killing the DNA is done several ways. She did not get Swine flu from the vaccine. I got my vaccine yesterday! ;)

The only thing amazing is the claim she suffered this from the H1N1 vaccine. Would like to know the date it was administered and how she was able to get it before any of the rest of us. I believe she contacted the H1N1 flu and this is how it "may" have affected her. Just getting her 15 mins. of fame...

In my experience vaccince naysayers typically have a position that is fostered by bad science (or non-science). They are quick to recite the old mantra "correlation does not imply causation" when it fits their agenda and dismiss it when it doesn't.

Anyone read last month's Wired Magazine article on toddler vaccines linked to autism? Good read and it explains what I am talking about (it's a myth, bad science).

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on which H1N1 vaccine she took. There is a 2 shot form that requires a second shot about 1 month after the first shot, and you are not immune for 2 weeks after the second shot.

As with most Flu vaccines, there is a period of 2 weeks after the vaccine that that you can still catch the flu.

There is also the possibility for the virus to mutate enough that the original vaccine is not effective.

Back in 1976 when the first Swine Flu eppidemic was going around, I was in the military and we had to get the regular seasonal flu shot, and later we had to get the Swine Flu shot. Yes there were a lot of people who got sick from that Swine flu shot, but in the past 30+ years they have made great strides in making better, more effective vaccines which have dramatically reduced any adverse effects from the shot.

...Rich

Wow! All those damn vaccines against Smallpox, Polio, Measles and Tetanus were a huge mistake and a fraud perpretrated by our evil government. I would rather end up dying a slow, painful death from stepping on a rusty nail like my wife's cousin in Cambodia, because that vaccine my sheeplike parents forced me to get obviously prevented me from graduating #1 in my med school class.....

Seriously, as a parent of young children, this anti-vaccine "science" has me concerned. If some well meaning ignorant parents fail to vaccinate their children and their kids pass Mumps or Smallpox to infants who haven't been vaccinated yet and those infants die, can we charge the parents?

Latest posts