Myrtle Beach South Carolina

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud Williams

Reaction score
Looking for anyone who has stayed in Myrtle Beach South Carolina.

Family of four looking for a nice place on the beach reasonable priced

$175 or less per night (prefer less) for july 14th-18th.

Looking for a suite or condo. with pool.

Any help, suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

I know this web site has a weath of knowledge for their

member base!:D

Thanks

Bud

Try the Comet Motor Inn. I haven't been there in about 6 years, but then, they were a family owned place 2 blocks off of the water. Looked so-so on the outside, very nice for the price on the inside.

Not sure what the summer pricing is but check the Bay Watch. See pics at the link. The kids will like Lazy River.

Pricing should be negotiable. Many are not traveling this year due to gas prices so I am sure they are chomping at the bit to get rooms filled.

I would call them directly and try to work the deal. There are lots of sites that will let you book online but as far as 'working the deal' you call them or they will direct you.

Wait - it may have been the SeaWatch - http://www.seawatchresort.com it has a lazy river as well. Logo looks more familiar as they send me something every Feb/Mar. Check their specials page -

They descriminate against motorcyclist.

My dad and all his friends go down there all the time (more so during bike week) and have NEVER had anything bad to say about the people or the places they stay or go. Nothing but good stuff. Don't know what happened to you to give you such a bad taste of the place tho.

Go in the winter. We got a 3 room condo (master bedroom with king size bed and private bathroom and a balcony), single bedroom with queen size bed, and 2 double bed room, along with living room, kitchen, dining area, balcont, washer/dryer combo, dish washer, fridge, stove, etc. for $35.00/night.

Tom

I live about an hour away and actually spent the 4th down there. Let me know how many rooms etc you need and I will help you find one.

jamesb

Thanks to all.

Just booked at the Sea Watch resorts.

Found the manager special section on their website.

Thanks Travis.

Didn't realize you were this close to me.:)

bud

I lived in North Myrtle Beach about for about a year in 1999. I lived in a small building with 4 units and had a bottom floor, 2BR/1.5B, ON THE BEACH apartment that I paid $475 a month for! That was for the whole apartment, not just 1 room. I still can't believe the price of it, it wasn't fancy, but I definitely wasn't embarrassed to bring anyone home with me, either.:p:D As far as the motorcycles go, I had one and never had any problems.

i just spent a weeek in myrtle about a month ago. me and some buddies split the cost of a house rental of a condo on the beach. i cant help you with any pricing or anything but its a great beach!!!

I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Probably gonna take the new trac instead of the expedition

on this trip. It's only four of us. And it get a little better gas mileage.

Only thing is the trac, didn't come equipped with a bed cover,

so hopefully it won't rain on our luggage.

Are the waves big enough to boogie board there?

Any recommendations for dining, interesting sights

etc that isn't too much tourist trap type places.

The hidden treasures most places have that the locals

frequent?

I can get you an aftermarket tonneau cover, or, depending on time an OEM one fairly inexpensively.

I got time....fairly inexpensively?

thinking of Trading Spaces when Dan Akroyd

goes to see Bo Diddly pawning his watch...

"ouch, burnt my fingers its so HOT!":lol:

Let me know, I'd be interested on either.

Thanks,

Bud

bud,

Depends on what kind of food you like. The best seafood places are in Murrells Inlet, Crabby Mikes is in Garden City/Surfside, Miyabi's is a great Habachi Japanes resturant in Murrells Inlet, ( I eat there everytime I go.). The waves are fine for Buggy Boarding, kinda small for Surfing even though some do. There is a Water Park right in Surfside/Garden City called Wild Water and Wheels, Great place to spend a day if you like water, and finally Hard Rock Park just opened this year, kinda like a six flags just a rock theme. No been yet. Is this adults and kids or just adults and I can better help you with info.

jamesb

My dad and all his friends go down there all the time (more so during bike week) and have NEVER had anything bad to say about the people or the places they stay or go. Nothing but good stuff. Don't know what happened to you to give you such a bad taste of the place tho.

This was the last year for their motorcycle ralleys. Townpeople are doing all that they can to quit having the events.

thanks James

its always good to have a itinerary prior to going someplace new.

me wife and two boys 15 and 12.

we'll have to check it out.

Seafood, steaks, burgers, mexican ...almost anything but weird stuff.

thanks again!

bud

the caravelle resort, St Clements restricted view hotel side if available.

restricted view is cheaper but on the hotel side i found that the view isnt really restricted.

http://www.thecaravelle.com/