My turn for the infamous steering column wiring gremlin **UPDATE**

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob McDonald

Reaction score
This evening the blinker started flashing fast for a right turn. Before getting out to see which bulb was out, I thought 'Wait a minute. maybe it is the infamous connector at the steering wheel'.

So, I moved the tilt wheel and sure enough, the rapid flash would come and go as I moved the wheel. Now I just have to find time in the next day or two drop the covers and apply the fix.

Sure glad I knew of the problem. This site has always been fantastic. :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I found where my wire was opening up in my steering column. But, It wasn't where I thought it would be.

I thought the problem would be down behind the knee panels. At least, that is where I thought everyone was referring to. Instead, I found it on top, in front of the dash, under the covers surrounding the levers. It was where the wiring loom plugs into the emergency flasher switch.

Is that where others have found it too ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford must need a little help with steering column wiring. We have a bunch of Tauri in our fleet at work, and it is not unusual to have the wipers make a freaky sweep while making a turn.

Latest posts