My Suprise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Some of you know I collect die cast models. To my suprise I found the exact car I had in 1968 to 1970. Sold it when I went into the Army. Same color, body trim and all. Interior was a shade darker. This one has the 427-R- code motor. Mine had the 406 TriPower-R-code motor, T-10 4 speed.I had chrome reverse wheels and baby moon caps. Maybe I can find some at a diecast hobby shop, to complete it. Found this one on SummitRacing by accident. There are other die cast I have looked for, no luck. This was my very first car, Happy to find it.
'63 Ford 1.JPG

'63 Ford 2.JPG

My brother has a 64 with the 427 duel 4’s
What a blast to drive. Those were the mopar killers. Lol. He does have some of the die cast 406 cars you talking about. I’ll ask him if he would let one of them go

My brother has a 64 with the 427 duel 4’s

Carl, even the street R-code motors had 70 to 100hp over what Ford said.
Mine would run with my buddy's 440 RT Dodge.
I got beat by a 428 Cobra Jet Mustang. 2 races and my carbs loaded on the line and boged. Almost cought him at the end of our marked off 1/4 mile. One other time was no race at all. Got whooped by a 64 Fairlane 427 dual qaud tunnel ram. I think it was an unmarked Thunderbolt..LOL

Latest posts