My ST won't start,late for work, Help!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Miller

Reaction score
My 2002 ST won't start. When I turn the key, the engine turns over, shakes violently and won't start. Please help.

Initial thought is your coil pack but need more info to accurately diagnose. Might want to call your job and let them know you might not make it this evening, unless you have another means of transportation.

Check your connections under the hood, plug wires are seated at coil and plugs, MAF sensor cable attached.

I'm betting a loose plug wire

Try this, have somebody else try to start the truck while you beat on the underneath of the fuel tank with your fist. SOmetimes when the pumps start to go bad they will get "stuck" and sometime this helps. If it works you need to get the pump replaced immediately if not sooner.

I have had the EXACT same problem with my 05 (3) time in the past (3) years.

Only difference is that I have another vehicle to hop into / on so that I can get to work. So yeah, taxi of friend ride for now until you have time to check out your ST.

Anyway, my "shakes violently" problem has ALWAYS been cured by removing the battery cables for awhile, re-connecting them and as is well.

Hope this works for you...

Jerry, If his job was like mine. I not only lost the amount of pay for time missed. I would also get a 1 day absent tied to my record despite I might have only missed 1 hour. No excuses. 4 in one year and you were disciplined. 3 days without pay. After that, 1 more in the next 6 months, they considered firing you.

At one time we had alot of goof ups. So the company came up with a plan that everyone had to follow. It sucked that I would get a hickey for taking off 30 minutes early, for the dentist.

At my job, if you miss four hours or less you get 1/2 "point", more than four hours you get 1 "point". 7 points you're fired.

Check battery cables. I have found that when the ground cable is loose, it doesn't want to start. It will turn over just fine, but it wont fire.

Tom

Latest posts