My SAS is Complete! (mostly)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Wallach

Reaction score
Well it's official, I'm now a member of the SAS Trac club! I got the truck back down to SC this past weekend. It drives great and can do a steady 75 mph but is much more comfortable at 65mph. The gearing helped to adjust my speedo closer to correct. Its now showing 4mph faster but I will adjust that using the ScanGauge. I still have to climb under and check out the transmission crossmember and get dimensions for a front driveshaft. That's probably going to be the last thing for a while as work and crew is getting crazy, taking all of my time. If you have questions about any of the setup ask away. Enough talk, here's some pics.

24e68c3fbf581c1eaeef64c1ea30649e.jpg

9736bfbda8a89a27e6990358deaaffee.jpg

33121525bd181193b3545ce1144cf25a.jpg

I'd say the trackbar and sway bar work well at what they are supposed to do. The truck is solid at speed, in crosswinds and around semis (unfortunately kills any flex with them hooked up). Quick disconnects and a track bar removal will be in store soon.

250d1fdd86239a0dcea5a4455463cc01.jpg

Sorry guys I have been really busy and not on the forums lately. Bernard, thanks for fixing the pics. Photobucket changed and now I seem to have problems posting pics.

Travis, I did use a LP 44 out of an 88 Grand Wagoneer. For a bunch of the underside shots check out my SAS registry over on explorerforum: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384444

I kind of did follow Chad's build. My waggy leaves seem to have a lot more life in them than his as that's what makes the thing so high, but the body lift will be coming out this weekend so it's not stupid tall. Also I kept the stock rear leaves and shackles as well as stock rear driveshaft. I just got measured today for my front driveshaft and I should be able to pick that up sometime early next week.

Thanks man. I love the flex I can get out of it. I still haven't modified my transmission crossmember yet so the front driveshaft is still in the bed. Here's a shot of my friend and I just messing around near school. No 4wd or rear locker so I couldn't go too high up the bank. Also at that point my rear driveshaft rubbed on my gas tank skid plate really bad when flexed out.

7165744386f18a230ebd5b45bbc7b0c4.jpg

1e2b6c549211af9fc3ffa0fdf293d949.jpg

Nice. It looks like now the fun begins with figuring out all the little never ending bugs. Hope to meet you on the trails again soon.

Thanks Hugh. Luckily there's not a ton. Just modify the transmission X member so the driveshaft will bolt up and throw in the Aussie in the front and I'll be done for a while.

Luckily there's not a ton.

Haha, you'll always push it too hard and always find something new to tinker with. At least, I hope you will.

I'm just glad to see someone besides Chad with a solid axle ST that will actually use it.

Got any pictures of the crossmember hangup?

Latest posts