My Recent Road Rage Story

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks the zipper system works. For those of you against it. Try this. Once you are in the left lane or the lane to merge to. Stop riding bumper to bumper. I never ride more than 1/2 car link. Closer I get to the pinch point the more I back off. I will usually let several cars in before the pinch point. No road rage everybody is happy. Try it someday. You just might start something new and unselfish in your comunity, pass it forward.:D

Actually, I guess it's nationwide. From the Federal Highway Administration's Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices...

Section 3B.04 White Lane Line Pavement Markings and Warrants

Standard:

When used, lane line pavement markings delineating the separation of traffic lanes that have the same direction of travel shall be white.

Support:

Examples of lane line markings are shown in Figures 3B-2, 3B-3, 3B-7 through 3B-13, 3B-22, 3B-24, and 3B-26.

Standard:

Where crossing the lane line markings with care is permitted, the lane line markings shall consist of a normal broken white line.

Where crossing the lane line markings is discouraged, the lane line markings shall consist of a normal solid white line.

Option:

Solid white lane line markings may be used to separate through traffic lanes from auxiliary lanes, such as uphill truck lanes, left- or right-turn lanes, and preferential lanes. They may also be used to separate traffic lanes approaching an intersection.

Wide solid lane line markings may be used for greater emphasis.

Standard:

Where crossing the lane line markings is prohibited, the lane line markings shall consist of two normal solid white lines.

Lane line markings shall be used on all freeways and Interstate highways.

Guidance:

Lane line markings should be used on all roadways with two or more adjacent traffic lanes that have the same direction of travel. Lane line markings should also be used at congested locations where the roadway will accommodate more traffic lanes with lane line markings than without the markings.

I think Bill is right, solid white you are discouraged from crossing, and if you cause or get into an accident when doing so, heaven help you because the magistrate won't.

TJR

Yes Bill, it is quite illegal to cross the double white line, although I see stupid drivers crossing those lines really close to the STATE LAW DO NOT CROSS DOUBLE WHITE LINES signs. I will merge over a solid white line if I can get in traffic, but if I do, i usually get in the left lane to allow other drivers in front of me, some who chose to merge on the free way at 30mph, to get on safely.

the white lines that are used for the on-ramp traffic to get on to the interstates or highways. they are kinda thick ones but not double lines. In Az and CO and I believe also in TX and PA in their traffic school they teach no one should be crossing those to merge on to the interstate at all. Still, I see it all the time! Wow think of all the tickets I could give if I were an interstate cop or highway patrol person! :D:lol:

Latest posts