My other Ford is going to be re born

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darrel Chaney01

Reaction score
I still have the car that my dad loved to drive. It's a 1930 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan. In fact he last drove it to it to court when he was County Judge in 1969 before he stored it. He died of a heart attack that fall. While he was in office he had made called so that when the Historical Plate number 1930 came up they called to see if we still wanted it. I did a little work on it and got it running, but got tired of hand cranking it. About 20 years ago , that is about when this picture is from I got with a guy I knew that worked on Model A's. He would either fix them as look good and run good or show car. We were going for show car. He does this in his back yard and takes his time, so it was more what I could afford. Of It seams bad luck was there. Not long after he got my car and took it apart and his also he got sick. Well he would get better then not, come to find out he had Cancer. All This time my wife kept asking me if I should take the A some where else. I told her no, that if he he did get over it he would need the money. Well They thought he had won only to find out he hadn't. I Decided to take a chance and ask a body shop guy that does custom rods. He has never done a factory like restoration, but we are getting all the books, including the "Judging Standards". The hardest part I am having picking the colors. I Have a book ordered that is supposed to have pictures with the right colors. I was really wanting a blue, but I think it is too dark. My second choice is like a 2 tone tan or brown like. My third choice would be the 2 tone green. The Tudor was the every mans car and the cheaper of the Ford's. The Running Boards and splash aprons on all were black. Well anyway he should start putting the chassis together in a couple of weeks. I will be adding some of the accessories that you could get back then, but you might not have seen. Ford as of May 1928 you could order right and left hand welled fenders on any Ford. I will be adding tin side mounts, cowl light, rear luggage carrier and trunk to name a few. Now I have got to find me a job.

For some reason the link doesn't work for the picture. The picture is in member files under Darrel' ST Then click on the picture Photo 002(2).jpg This was almost 20 years ago. The Body is striped of all rust and is ready for any new metal.

Darrel,

My wife and I are fans of the Model A.

We dont own one yet but hope to later in life.

We found this pic on the internet of a 1928 model A, and like the color.

Dave

[Broken External Image]:

This it?

http://www.mysporttrac.com/~library/221/Darrel's%20Car%20(2)[1]_thumb.jpg

Site is acting up.

Last edited by a moderator: