My new toy

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willie Anglin

Reaction score
My new 4x4 Ford toy. 1994, 302, Auto, Eddie B, >200K miles speedo was broke when I bought it, 2.5" true duals, about completely stock. More pics in library.

[Broken External Image]:

Nice truck. Was the speedo completetly not working, or does it dance around? I had a 93' F-150 that had a dancing speedo, it would level off at the speed you were going for a half sec than dance around, then go back etc. Other than that, I loved my 93 still parked in my driveway with 275K on it with original engine and tranny, and I always liked the bronco's too.

Speedo did not work at all. Bad wire to VSS and also the 4 WABS was shot. This was a headache to fix as 2 things were wrong. I ran another wire and jumpered the 4WABS and threw the module in the trash and pulled the bulb for the ABS warning light.

I had an '88 Bronco. Loved it when it was not broken down.

[Broken External Image]:

My ex inlaws had a '78 Bronco, 351 with full-time 4WD. It had a 40-gallon fuel tank on it, and it needed it to have any range, since it got about 8 MPG at best. Nice truck, but what a freekin gas hawg!