My hobby

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dads Tractors

Reaction score
I posted this a while back but have done more work on er. A hobby of mine is to make real-to-life small scale models mostly of farm equipment but this time it was my ST.

Great work, very cool. Amazing thing is they BOTH look real. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Close to mine, not exact.......I painted the model and clear-coated it, model was white. My Trac has the exhaust out the rear, roll up bed cover and different wheels with black-wall tires. I got rid of the cheesey fender emblems.

55f82d4836051749d1e15ee09b365706.jpg

382b62e516d80fec361d49d16c8c8eb8.jpg

Nice work! Mine was orange and I painted ford silver. Added nerf bars, yakima rack, badges/decals, custom tonneau, tow hitch. Still considering cutting out moon roof.

Hey guys I just purchased a 1:18 scale on eBay so I could do the same. Did you guys totally disassemble it or just mask off real good? What else should I consider? Both my wife and myself own a 2004 ST and i plan on purchasing:banana: another 1:18 so I can match both my trucks!

Mike,

I did a total disasemble. I used a black sharpie for the rubber around the windows...An ultra-fine sharpie for the black accents on the wheels. Pluged the roof rail holes with sticky tack, before painting. I now have a piece of black rubber for a bedcover. I need to paint that charcoal gray someday.

I collect 1/24 scale diecast cars, trucks and motorcycles. I have more than 90 on shelving around my computer room.

I also took er all apart to paint. Got to take it slow as some of the parts break easy. I soldered brass for the tow hitch, tonneau, nerf bars, and Yakima rack. If I get a wild hair I may still cut out the sunroof and make the lights LED.

Eddie,

Nice model and nice ST. I had a model that I painted to match my first 2001 Toreador Red Sport Trac...even used Dupli-color matching paint, painted all the grey cladding, window trim moldings and even the tan interior.

...Rich

Rich,

Thanks! Post a pic of your model. Knowing that you also are detailed, I bet it looks good.

Someday when I get this room cleared up. I will take some pics of all the models. Most are '50s, '60s and '70s.

This is also my hobby room. I have a folding table and alot of tools scatterd. Been doing some electronic repairs and gunsmithing work. I have got into a bad habit of not putting things up...LOL.

Now I have the Harley in the garage and adding upgrades, go figure..LOL.

Dabble in all trades and master non...LOL

Eddie,

I wish I still had the model Sport Trac, but unfortunately it got lost when I moved to my new house in 2010. I don't know it i misplaced it or it got thrown out. I also had a model of a 1965 GTO that was the twin of the car I bought new when I returned from Okinawa in 1965.

I used to do a lot of hobby work including metal work, wood work etc, but now I tend to deal more with high-tech computers, networks, and software, as well as firearms...which involves some gunsmith work. I also had a lot of good luck with my Hydroponic garden last year and sso I will be setting that up again this spring since I learned a lot from last years experience and this year should be a whole lot cheaper to do.

I am also focusing on my Bucket List.:grin: My Bucket List has a lot of travel destinations, so I am going to Italy in a few months...and looking at other possible trips for later in the year focusing more on Europe, Mediterranean, the Holy Land, South and Central America areas.

...Rich

Eddie,

I wish I still had the model Sport Trac, but unfortunately it got lost when I moved to my new house in 2010. I don't know it i misplaced it or it got thrown out. I also had a model of a 1965 GTO that was the twin of the car I bought new when I returned from Okinawa in 1965.

I used to do a lot of hobby work including metal work, wood work etc, but now I tend to deal more with high-tech computers, networks, and software, as well as firearms...which involves some gunsmith work. I also had a lot of good luck with my Hydroponic garden last year and sso I will be setting that up again this spring since I learned a lot from last years experience and this year should be a whole lot cheaper to do.

I am also focusing on my Bucket List.:grin: My Bucket List has a lot of travel destinations, so I am going to Italy in a few months...and looking at other possible trips for later in the year focusing more on Europe, Mediterranean, the Holy Land, South and Central America areas.

...Rich

I picked up the 1:18 from eBay for $20.00 this week which I will be painting white to match my wife's ST, then I will be getting the 1:25 from eBay for $20.00 with trailer and car next week which I will be painting aspen green to match my truck, putting it on the trailer and hooking up to the white (wife's) ST! The decals on our trucks were made locally so I will be finding out if the gal can scale them down for me so the models and trucks will be a true match! :grin:

[Broken External Image]:
f812ba142a7981bdb73cae7a99a08f69.jpg
f6f2d6f6920d56fd52cbe3ac14e913c2.jpg

Latest posts