My heat isn't so hot anymore

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T-stat stuck open, low coolant.

If you mean the cab heater. The above, or also the heater blend door or the temp control or the heater control valve.

if I put the heat up to full blast and turn the dial to the hottest and let the truck warm up, I switched it to vent real quick to see if the heat was hot and it was just warm.

If your temp gauge is normal. I would look under the hood. See if the water control valve, to the heater core. Is fully open. Have some one to turn the temp dial for you and watch the valve movement.

Look over to where the heater hoses go into the firewall. Right rear corner by the blower. One hose will have a valve on it. I think it maybe vacuum controled.

Just had my wife's Mustang fixed. Seems one of the clamps on the upper radiator hose broke. Low fluid caused the car to divert water from the heater to the engine to protect it. Hence no heat, basically what Eddie said. Bob

Mine was running cool over the past few weeks and I changed out the thermostat and temp sensor while I was there and now it is hot instead of warm. Warms up a lot quicker also. I also had a CEL code for too long to reach operating temp. this took care of that as well. Hope that this helps.

Latest posts