My 2001 up on ebay . . . . I traded it in . . .Link added . . .

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Heckler

Reaction score
I just saw my 2001 up for sale on ebay via the dealer I traded it in at. If anyone from here buys it let me know . . . . it was a great truck . . .

edit add link . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
"a/c needs charge and needs lug wrench".... why would they even say that. They are a FORD DEALER -- just fix it. Less than 40.00 and they could leave that info off the ad.

I did my a/c yesterday, 21.99 for the r-134 with the gauge, and 5 minutes of work.

Good looking truck. I am toying with buying a new vehicle but can not convince myself to do it yet. I would like something more efficient but I like driving the ST. So even if I buy something else, I will still end up driving the ST and accomplish nothing. :)

Got to give them credit for being honest, but saying the A/C needs to be recharded, is saying there is A/C problems and it will cost approximately $1000 to fix...

Les - I think the AC just needs a charge. It never did blow really cold air. I agree they could have just charged it.

Woopy - the market for an suv is really hurting now. I got 4k forf it. I really did not want to sell it myself for maybe another $1500. It was a great truck. I took care of it and it took care of me. I really love the STA!

ND - the tow hooks are in my basement collecting dust along with the bolts to put them in. I will be selling them along with a few other things.

The dealer is really down to earth and they said they were keeping this one to sell. It was the best kept '01 they had ever seen.

The seat heaters are not inoperable, they were never hooked up. My cloth front seats never had the wiring for heaters. I just put the leather ones in (from a 2004 adrenalin)about six weeks before I traded it in. I wired the seats for power but did not bring the proper wire over for the heater so I did not hook it up.(I have the rear leather seats from the '04 in my basement.)

The factory lug wrench is there. I never got one just for the new chrome wheels if that's what they are saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
My prevoius trac sold. Dealer made $1100. We both are happy I'm sure.

Again if you are a member here that bought it email me.

Latest posts