• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Muth Mirror Group Buy update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
Thanks to all who participated. Each of you should have an email containing a tracking number. They left today.

Anyone have any suggestions for the next group buy?

HID lights?

http://www.omnixautosports.com

If you know the bulb number you would be able to get the conversion kit for.

fog lights are 9145 or 9005 can be used.

reg lights are 9007.

those are for up to 05

HID lights are out and always will be.

The quality on 99% of kits is horrendous, and the warranty support is even worse. I refuse to have my reputation based on a sub-par product. In addition, there's a tremendous amount of liability for me, as I'm a legitimate business and not just a guy selling stuff from home. HID lighting in housings designed for halogen lights is illegal for use on public roads.

these HID kits are of good quality a few friends of mine on my team have baught them and they look and work great.

its just a simple wire kit.

we have them on a moded firebird, celica, redline, and im ordering them for the ST

I'm intrigued by the idea, but don't HID lights produce more heat than conventional halogen? I remember the first "White" bulbs used to melt the light housing. How do these fair?

so far they seem to just get as hot as the regular halogens. havent had any problems with any housing melting.

like i said we have them in a assortment of cars, not just one type. so yea... they are good lights, if anyone is interested we should get a group together and see if we can get a discount on them from the dealer.

HID lights do not run at a higher wattage than Halogen lights, in other words they do not put out more heat. For comparison typical HID lights run at 35W, vs. Sylvania Silverstars, a performance halogen bulb, runs at 55W.

Dingo, after market HID lighting is illegal no matter what housing it's used in, whether it's a projector or not. It is only legal to use HID lights in OEM applications.

Unfortunately there was not much info on the whether you will loose your brights. So you Should assume that these HID lights are not a "Bi"-Xenon light so you will

completely lose your brights if you use this kit. Because of that i would not be interested.

I didn't say anything about projectors/reflectors. And there are aftermarket HID kits that are legal. The legal ones include new housings with self-leveling devices, though.

Which i am guessing we can assume are horrendously expensive and very limited.

I just wanted to make it clear that whether you put in a HID conversion kit or retrofit your housings to hold a HID projector, it is not legal, but tons of people do it are not ticketed. Some people believe that if you retrofit a HID projector that makes it legal compared to just replacing the bulb.

I agree that most don't get ticketed, but if I sell them as a business, I'm liable for all kinds of things. If your lights were to blind someone and they get in an accident, I could be sued. It's just simply not a risk I'm willing to take. Especially on a product with VERY little profit (Thanks to Ebay).

Well, you would have to sell with a disclaimer for "off-road use only". I think more than a few of us on here are willing to pay a slightly higher price with the insurance of the customer support. I;m sure others, just like me, don't want to take the risk of buying a kit like that over ebay to have something not work a couple months down the road.

Also whether it's off Ebay or not it's hard to tell what are or are not the quality units. While the forum here, or you possibly, could determine what is a kit of good standards and quality.

Latest posts