Music & Video Player Recommendation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookie

Reaction score
I got a Fuji Labs 2.4-inch Portable 1GB Music & Video Player from Overstock.com and am sending it back because I could not get the pictures and music that I downloaded to show or play.

It had all the features I wanted but could not get it to work. Can anybody recommend a good deal on something like this? I has to have an FM tuner. Below is the link to the one I am sending back....

Thanks! :)

iPods have a FM tuner?

I have a sandisk sansa e250 2 gig mp3/wmv and video player. 2 gigs of integrated memory, and you can add more with a microSD card. It comes with a FM tuner and voice recorder. I got mine for 39 bucks on tigerdirect.com, and it was down to 29 in the past.

Price is really the deal breaker. Ipod nanos are $49 but no video. A 4gb Zune is a really good choice. You could also consider a Creative Zen.

scrubb

I like the Creative Zen Vision M because they have the FM tuner and they support xvid and divx video without a fuzz (that means a 2 hour movie can be encoded down to about 700mb and still look really good on that small screen).

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
The zune is HUGE...gotta remember size for your application. I can't see the zune being used while running, especially if you hold it in your hand. It's the size of a paperback book, and the screen screams "scratch me".

I, personally, am always getting my stuff into rough spots, as that's just where I go, and 200 bucks for a player that's in the line of fire is too much. These things break easily :(

(I've got a zune as well as a video ipod fyi...)

Thanks for all the advice and relating your experiences. I think I will go with the Sansa and extra memory card from TigerDirect. Although the Creative Zen looks good, too. I'll probaly ask my wife to pick what she wants. Thanks again.

Anyone else?

Kevin L,

I've drilled it into my kids that when it comes to electronics it is better to get multiple specialized-function, lower cost units, then to get that more expensive, single, does all gadget.

Case in point, an iPhone will do all of this, but it's $300 and you are locked into AT&T. It's a costly mp3 player to take running with you.

You can buy a 1GB Sansa MP3 player for less thatn $20. That's great for jogging and in the gym. You can buy a video ipod (or knock-off) for around $200, and most phone companies will give you a more than capable cellphone, or even a Blackberry if you need internet and messaging for the cost of a 2 year contract.

Specialization...buy what you need for the task at hand and save money, and don't worry about misusing things (taking an iphone on a hike, for example).

TJR

Latest posts