Multifunction, turn signal replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Dabney

Reaction score
I need to replace my switch on a 2005 ST. I dont think it is the typical wiring harness problem I've read about here. My ST does not have cruise control or tilt. The problem I have is that the turn signal does not work when switch is in the detent position to turn on the right turn signal. Right turn signal works fine if I hold it in place at the begining of the detent. Found a new switch assembly for $40. My question is, what is involved in replacing the switch assembly? Is it covered in the Haynes manual?

There are roughly five screws holding the steering column cover on. You access them from the bottom of the column. If you have tilt column, you have to remove the lever by turning it counter-clock wise (just screws out). Once removed, the bottom half of the cover should/will come off, the top is more difficult to remove/replace and if you don't have a tilt column, try to leave it in place. The multi-switch is held in place by two screws, remove them, remove the wire harness and your done. Reverse the steps to replace.

If this were a project it would get 2 wrenches on a worst case scenario. Take your time, and you should finish in an hour or so.

Latest posts