MS Essentials or AFG Free

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
I'm using AVG but Rose's IT manager says delete it and go with the free MS. What are your thoughts and is anyone using tge new MSE?

I don't trust microsoft to fix their own problems as dumb as that sounds.. If they can fix it with software why isn't it just fixed in the os?

I agree with using Microsoft Security Essentials. I run a computer shop out of my home and put it into every computer. Have not had any issues and does not nag or try to trick you into switching to paid version. I find it works very well.

[Broken External Image]:

Gerry

LaRue,

I used MS Essentials and it works great. I used to use AVG and MS Defender, but MS Essentials is much easier and with Microsoft Update set for automatic updates, it works flawlessly. I have switched all 3 of my PC over the MS Essentials.

...Rich

I've been running it parallel with Avast for a couple of months now, and seems to be working pretty well. When my Avast expires later this month, I'll run MS by itself.

LaRue,

As a bit of added advice, It is always recommended that you uninstall your old Security software (AVG) before install the new product...sometimes the old Virus Signature files used by the old anti-virus tricks the new sofrware into seeing those files and assumes you have a virus.

...Rich

Rl, is right. I have learned the hard way. Especialy with security programs that have the same funtion as the old one.

Also other than updates. If a new version of any program comes out. I delete the old one first. Even if it says install over the old one.

thanks,,, I uninstalled avg, rebooted and installed ms... 4 hours later it's still scanning... but I do have 4... 1 TB drives..........

MS Security Essentials works fine for me. It does tell you to remove other virus programs before installing. I use Avast pro on one and MS on my laptop. Never a problem with either.

:supercool:

Have been using Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes for well over a year without any problems.

Latest posts