mrmarvyn

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
I may not have worded my query correctly, but if anyone can tell me what the "bump" in the transmission of the 2008 6R60 transmission is, or caused by, or the remedy is, would you please post it here for me. I tried to find some info after I read Vic's warranty fix on his 08 STA, but every way I worded it, it never came up, so can anyone help me with this? :banghead:

Use this handy link provided by Shawn N on 8/8/12.

Don't know if you have a warranty, call your dealer. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
mrmarvyn, click on the link posted by swshawaii, then search the TSBs for your Gen2 V8. You'll see four Ford TSBs that address the problem of a hard downshift bump while coming to a stop, so it's something Ford and (probably) all their dealer service departments know about. On my truck the 3-2 and 2-1 downshifts were very noticeable - and annoying. The TSBs detail the simple fix of updating the control module(s) with latest software program. The shop gets one hour of labor for this repair, and it's covered by your Powertrain Warranty (5yrs/60K miles). My problem's fixed and the transmission works great.

If you don't have the Warranty booklet (mine was missing from the car) you can view it online through the Ford Owner website listed below. Create an account for yourself and you can see various particulars for your car, including links for updating the Sync system. You have to have a little patience with the Sync update as it was written by some computer techie. "Honestly, Boss, I don't know what's wrong with these car owners. What I wrote was perfectly clear; they should be able to read." Good luck - it took me about three times to do the update routine, but think it's working OK now.

swshawaii & Vic, I thank you both for your help! That's whats so good about this forum, we can find out what ails our Sport Tracs and find a solution from other members. Too bad that Ford Motor Company is not active here with some pertinent infromation concerning our problems .....but then that would be the right thing to do, and that won't happen. AAMOF, wouldn't it be surreal if Alan Mullally (?)(spell ck, lol) dropped a line or two of appreciation to the diehard fans of FMC who bought all of those ST's over the last ten years without FMC advertising a single one on TV or on any media platform? Oh well, I will keep on Trac'n till it falls apart!:driving::haveabeer::love:

Latest posts