MPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike burns 3

Reaction score
OK, I'm still looking for my next SP but in reading the reviews I did notice that most said the V8 got as good or better mileage than the V6. Is this true in real world driving in a 4X4? I have been staying away from the V8 for fear of terrible mileage, not that the V6 is great.

Have to admit I am considering a new V6 F150. The mileage people are getting is impressive for a truck. Its just the 35K price tag that hurts.

my st with 4x4 v6 and 265/75 16 tires best at 16 and 14 pending where i get gas in the winter time it is worse

and if if i put my foot init you can almost see the gage move

good luck

I did well with my 01 2wd 18-19 city & hgwy combination. My 07 V8 4x4 is very similar in the end. Only difference is I will get better hgwy @ 21-23, but its thirstier than the 01 if its mostly in town driving. My best tank finished at 21.2, my worst was around 13. Go for the V8 if you can. It just sounds that good!:grin:

My earlier post was that I got 17.5mpg this past weekend going to and from Maryland.

Have gotten better(20.8mpg) with the V8. Don't know why. Bob

Seems that most threads about mpg, between the V6 and V8. Have been negligable. Most members that have had both favored the V8.

07 V8 4x4 here. I just averaged 18mpg on an 800mile trip. Thats with a SCT Performance tune installed & overall average of 70mph. At times, I was going 75-80mph for quite a while.

I did well with my 01 2wd 18-19 city & hgwy combination. My 07 V8 4x4 is very similar in the end. Only difference is I will get better hgwy @ 21-23, but its thirstier than the 01 if its mostly in town driving. My best tank finished at 21.2, my worst was around 13. Go for the V8 if you can. It just sounds that good!:grin:

Gen 2 V8 and V6 mpg is not much different. IMO the V8 doesn't have to work as hard. V8's have 6 speed automatics and 3.55 gears, V6's have 5 speed automatics and 3.73 gears. Personally I don't see the need for the V8 unless you tow a trailer.

Upside to my V6, I don't have to spend a bazillion dollars on repairs when the spark plugs break off in the heads. :bwahaha:

Latest posts