mp3 question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
Hi folks. Does anyone on here know of an easy way ( or if it's possible) to convert .mp3 to whatever a CD music file is?

Thanks!

If you have windows with Media Player, just highlight the mp3 and go to "convert format". This will bring up another window where you can convert it to .wma. If not, then I use a program called audacity. It's a fun program that lets you edit the music. (amplify, equalize, etc.) It will also convert to .wma. If you have windows, I think if you go to thier site, they also have the converter there for download. Both programs are free.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
NERO. no conversion nessary.. just create a music disk and add the mp3 files..

it will burn them as cd tracks...

troy

Troy,

Your advice is sound for any CD player that supports the MP3 format. Not all do. Early CD players didn't support that format, only PCM/WAV.

TJR

TJR if you use the music disk feature like TroY said it automatically converts it just like media player does, so it is the same thing basically.

Last edited by a moderator:
JDBoxes,

I guess I was confused where Troy said "no conversion necessary", and "just add mp3 files"...as it sounded like he was saying no conversion would be done...which if that were the case the CD wouldn't work on most CD players out there.

TJR

Are you going from mp3 to CD? If you are, Windows Media Player 11 (XP and Vista definitely) can convert them when you burn CD's. Just click on the "Burn" tab and select "Music CD" to make a regular audio CD.

Cool! Thanks all. Now all I've got to do is download Media Player 11. Not sure which version I have now.

Latest posts