mp3/mp4 player help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookie

Reaction score
I just got an MP3/MP4 player. This is my first experience with one.

Does anybody have any ideas why when I tried loading the third album after successfully doing the first two, all files (including the samples it came with) were wiped from the player's memory? Now I can't put anything on it.

When I look at the F-drive on my computer it is blank, whereas before it showed all the files files on it. When I try to sync it, I get a message stating "Windows Media Player cannot find file...."

I'm very frustrated

Did you delete anything?

If nothing shows you might have deleted the program files,now its a memory stick.

What brand is it?

You might want to see if any software came with it to restore it or call the manufacturer and see if they can help you.

I think a coworker had this happen and he downloaded what he needed off the internet.

You might try a dif program than windows media player like realplayer or something to make sure your win media player isnt the issue.

hope this helped some.

Thanks Shaun,

I got it from Overstock.com. The brand is Mixsonic.

The interface still shows up and I can scroll through all the different menus. Plays FM, games, stpwatch, etc but it won't load anything.

I will try going to the website. mixsonicusa.net

Could not get on website:

1226 - User 'mixsonic_admin' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 10000)

select value from sessions where sesskey = '0db20d763a737c2bc3c8ad0dfd4fdbf0' and expiry > '1200576472'

[TEP STOP]

:angry:

I came with a disc, but I can't get it to load what I think might help me; firmware update...

Below is a link to the item I got.

I have to go to work, now. I'll be back in about 10 hours.

Thanks for your help!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any kind of master reset? Are you using a program that came with the player to load songs, if so, don't. Try this; just plug the player into your computer by USB. The XP window should come up asking to browse the device, open files, play files etc.. Browse and you should see different root folders on the drive. Maybe listed Music, Video, Text, Speech, Photos etc.. Open the music folder and simply drag and drop your mp3's straight off your computer. Once again don't use any proprietary program that came with the player. These programs are sometimes called Media Managers or something similar.

When I plug it into the USB port, it comes up on the computer as the "F" drive. It is blank. When I first plugged it in it would show all the sample pictures, audio, video, etc. Now, nothing. and I can't import anything.

Thanks.

Quote "Now, nothing. and I can't import anything"

Did you try dragging and dropping files into it?

Also try opening another player than win med player.

I have realplayer(downloaded online), open the program 1st then plug in the mp3 see if the program reconizes it. If it does you can drag and drop music, pictures, ect to it. You can also put in a cd and this program should ask if you want to save the entire album, I say no and choose the songs I want.

Yeah, I tried Realplayer and Sonic and Windows Media Player.

Realplayer says WMA is "unsupported media type" even though it is and Windows Media Player "cannot read the file" even though it did before.

I did it the same way that I successfully loaded 2 albums before and now nothing. and F:\ is blank; everything erased.

Mixsonic's website is down, so it looks like I'll have to contact Overstack.com and see what they say. Maybe it is fried....

Thanks

[Broken External Image]:

I tried to post a picture from My Library. Take a look in My Library at "mp3.doc".

Last edited by a moderator:
This is most likely not your issue but I would stick with .mp3 format as opposed to the .wma you are currently using. .mp3 is much more universal, .wma is Windows proprietary. If you are using Windows Media Player to rip albums it automatically defaults to .wma. You need to go into the rip settings and change it to .mp3.

Latest posts