MP3 burning program

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
All of a sudden MusicMatch Jukebox deluxe 8.0 stopped working. I've uninstalled it and removed leftover files, and it will hang during reinstallation every time. So it won't install and is completely useless. I know Musicmatch provides a free download of their latest version but I don't like it. Besides, why shouldn't the one I already own work? Are they trying to force an upgrade somehow? All the music I have on my harddrive are from retail CDs I've purchased over the years too, if that makes any difference (converted into MP3's using Musicmatch). Regardless I'm done with Musicmatch.

But now that I have an Adrenalin headunit installed I can play MP3's. I just need a program that'll burn my mp3's into a CD. Musicmatch is out of the question and Windows Media Player 10 keeps converting them into .wav files when I try to burn. Can any of you recommend a program that will play my MP3s and allow me to burn them to my CDRW drive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Caymen. I've been trying to simply drag mp3 files into the blank CD but it kept changing the into .wav files. I think this is due to my choosing 'audio CD' instead of data CD just like you indicated (through WinXP alone). Will experiment further but it looks like I'll have to chalk this one up as "user error". Dang.

Still don't know why Musicmatch quit on me.

iTunes is a free download that will do what you want. Just make sure to select mp3 as the format for ripping and data CD for exporting.

goto http:\\sourceforge.net and download "CDex" simple to use and free

I converted my cd collection for my use via my tivo and recently purchased Creative zen Vision media player with CDEX and have no complaints

You might also want to download Audacity if you have some older recordings that need to some cleanup if hey are from tape or LP.

Good Luck!

If they are already in MP3 format, you should just be able to drag and drop and let Windows burn it for you. Not media player but Windows XP. You'll be writing the files as data not music.

any programs out there that can write mp3 to wma? only reason i ask is, b/c i know when loading a mp3 on a cdr of say 700mb, u can get like 200 audio tracks on there. but if they were wma, u can fit twice as many. reason i ask, b/c i plan to change my 3000 mp3 audio tracks to wma and then burn them all to a dvd-r double layer disc, that way, i can have all of the tracks on 1 single disc.

Off the wall question, but can mp3 or video files be converted to wma as well? if so, that would help with my 700 music videos collection i have. And is there a program for that? thanks

Video can be converted to wmv but converting them to wma will just save the audio not video. 3000 mp3 audio files should fit onto a DL DVD disc unless they are higher than 192KBps (which anything higher than that is overkill) converting them to wma will make them sound worse if you ever plan to burn them to a disc. If they don't fit onto 1 disc just put them on 2 cause it would be a waste to convert them to something else and gain nothing but acouple KBs of space. Also if you don't have a fast pc converting 3000 files will take quite abit of time and in that time you could of just burnt both discs in mintues and not have to worry about it.

Latest posts