Motorcycle in bed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Roll

Reaction score
I will be taking my son back to college in Virginia (from NJ) in a few weeks :driving: and he wants to bring down his motorcycle as well as his other "stuff". I would like to put the bike upright in the bed (it's only a 250 Kawasaki 'bout 300 lbs) and would like to hear suggestions on the best way to secure it. I am thinking about using straps to each side hook, but I wonder if it will be secure enough.

I will be sure to get pictures when I do this!

One ratchet strap to each corner pulling the bike forward. If you can, use the upper triple tree and not the handle bars, you can damage/bend the clip-ons/handle bars if you are unlucky. You want to compress the suspension of the bike but not totally. If you over tighten it you will blow out the fork seals. Then one (or two depending..) the keep the back end from bouncing around. On my bike I run it through the passanger peg brackets and would run it to the rear tie down hooks on my ST.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also always give the truck a good bounce test. Meaning I'd stand in the bed and jump around like an idiot getting the suspension on the truck really working and make sure the bike didn't move.. not sure if it makes a difference, but it made me feel better :bwahaha:

I sure hope that wood is solidly secured. Wouldn't want to be the guy behind you if it's not. :grin: