motorcycle forum

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAUL AGUILAR

Reaction score
Does anybody know of any good crotchrocket forums. i am having major trouble with my bike.

and i don't know if it was caused by eliminating some CA emisions items.

Thank you

www.sportbikes.net

www.cycleforums.com

I personally frequent sportbikes (which is the accepted term by those of us that ride them :p)

I spend teh majority of my time on Gixxer.com for my bike stuff (But I obviously own a GSXR)

Here's my beauty!!

[Broken External Image]:

I have a 99 Tl1000R. I got it a couple of years ago dirt cheap from a neighbor. it had always ran fine untill a couple of days ago. it started idleing rough and backfireing. When the neightbor had it he did some sort of air box mod, pair valve removal mod. and pluged up a lot of hoses wile at it. I am guessing the backfire could be caused by a leak in the exhaust. Another problem i noticed is when running one of the exhaust blows out hot air while the other blows cool air even with a warm engine.

spark plugs fixed my idle and backfire problem. researched the different exhaust temperature and found out it's nomarl aparently it has a bad exhaust design most of the heat goes out one of the exhaust while the other just blows air.

It's running good though, If i have some time i'll post some pictures later today.

Makes sense...

The cold exhaust is a result of the combustion chamber NOT combusting.. LOL

You basically had a compressor, which,,, will generate some heat but nothing compared to a firing cylinder...

You have to love the easy and cheap fixes..

Coastiejoe:

what i meant was that the Diference in exhaust temperature is still there, I read this on another forum.

It's called Cold Pumping it's a sign of the system not designed correctly. One header longer, one header more restrictive. system not scavenging correctly. Not that uncommon. The way the crossover pipe is set up means MOST of the exhaust gasses end up escaping thru the right can, as u can feel when u put ur hand over the end, meaning that can gets hotter then the other one.

If u put ur hand "near" the header as it comes out of the front cylinder you'll find its just as hot as the header comming out of the rear cylinder. Its just that more gasses pass thru the right exhaust, and thats what makes the difference in the can temp.