Motorcycle Engine Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron Laake 2

Reaction score
I am asking this question on behalf of my father in law since I am not sure what he should do and neither is he.

He has a 97 Harley Davidson Ultra Glide that he decided to customize at the end of 2005. So this summer was his first chance to hit the road with it. Among the customizations is he bought a new engine for it built by a company called Revtech that was a bigger engine than he had and seemed like a good choice at the time. He also had it repainted, new seat, new chrome, lots of skulls, etc, etc.

It ran fine the first 100 miles or so and then started running really rougher and rougher. After a long road trip he took it in and it turned out that the front piston was shot to hell and the cylinder was scored. As you may have guessed, he is getting the run around from Revtech on replacing it and honoring the warranty.

What is his best course of action given the limited info I supplied? Is there something like a BBB or something?

AL

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have a family friend who is a liar i mean lawyer you can always have them call and state who they are and ask why it is not being honored. this action make alot of companies nut up and "play by the rules"

how much was the motor?? maybe small claims court??? minimal fees and only a judge to persuade in your favor...

troy

So we're talking less then a year and a few hundred miles and they won't honor the warranty? Revtech sent him a new motor or rebuilt his existing? What does the warranty actually state it covers?

FYI,

Just so you know, Revtech is a Korean motor, like as Daewoo.

They are cheaply made and are at the bottom price range of motors.

Hope he gets it straight, but odds are a year after the sale Revtech probably won't do much.

Out of curiousity, why did he replace the Evo 1340cc? If it were shot, he could send it back to HD and they would completely refresh it and warranty it. Good luck with it.

Latest posts