Most Expensive Places to Buy Gas in the U.S.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$2.90/gallon...Cheap! Try $7.50/gallon, and I am told another $1.00 of tax will be added on January 1st. Thank goodness I traded the ST before I came to Poland. My last fill up cost me $90.75! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson,

In Europe you have options. You have the choice to use a reliable public transportation.

Tom

I live in San Jose. Local Arco station @ $3.37/g this past week. Yesterday, was $3.31/g. Shell, Chevron, and others are about $3.50/g now. Earlier this month, some stations in Oakland were charging $4.00/g. I'm ready to dust off my mountain bike . . .

$2.79 at the most expensive place in town. North East Arkansas usually runs $.10-.20 /gallon cheaper than average. Guess there are advantages to living here afterall....

I paid $2.67 in Independence MO yesterday. (just a few miles east of Kansas City) Guess I'll quit complaining so much.. (not really, I LIKE to complain.. :)

2.67!!!! ....it's the snow here I Know that is the reason it's higher...the warmer the state the lower the gas prices!!! :p

$2.87 in the Dallas area........dang, I remember when I used to pay .23 cents a gal to fill up my VW which was just $2.30 for a fillup :angry:

.89 is the least I ever paid for a gallon. Made me wonder back then why they even had the third digit on the damn price board, and why gas was always priced ending with a 9th of a cent. $0.89.9... freaks.

2.99 now in Jersey. I used to think public transportation was cheap, then I started to commute, my knees and back are killing me.

I'm considering buying a CNG vehicle after reading this guy's comments:

The great oil sage T. Boone Pickens was just on CNBC for a quick interview while he was out in California today to kick off the Long Beach and Los Angeles harbors to switch trucks over to natural gas for his Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (NASDAQ: CLNE). This is his liquid natural gas company out in California that is meant to replace diesel.

He said oil prices will continue to rise because we have no control over our destiny there. He is talking up natural gas to replace diesel, which he said natural gas can be 50% to 70% cleaner than diesel. As far as price parity, Pickens said LNG measured gallons comes in today at $3.55 per gallon of diesel versus $3.29 for liquid natural gas and they both take you the same distance.

As far as future oil prices, Pickens said "Get ready for $100.00, you'll see $100.00 oil before $80.00." His point is that oil exporters have seen how high we'll continue to pay, and he even said that this is likely going to become the norm. He thinks that the global production capacity is 85 million per barrels per day now, and he noted you have to 1,000 wells pumping 1,000 barrels per day to get just 1 million barrels per day.

Least I've paid is 19.9 a gallon - that's right, less than twenty cents a gallon! Back in the "good old days", we used to pull up to the FULL SERVICE station and simply say "$2.00 or fill it up!". Am I ever showing my age! Most I've ever spent is $2.99 a gallon!

If you haven't been to it, visit gasbuddy.com/ to find the best/worst gas prices in your area!

Gasoline is still relativly inexpensive. $100.00/bbl is not that unreasonable. The USA is sitting on tons of oil that is not getting drilled. There is oil all over the USA. Nobody cares about drilling it.

Oil is getting harder to find. Not that there is less oil in the ground, but the oil is now getting a little harder to get to. It is still there though.

Support drilling in the ANWR. Support oil drilling in your back yard. Support eliminating gas tax's and replacing it with a per mile tax. Support the building on new oil refineries.

Lastly, support the elimination of that BS 9/10 cent crap they are scamming us out of.

Tom

There are many problems.

First off, oil is as high as it is because of China and India. The money we save buying Chinese goods and tech centers we hae in India, we are spending on fuel.

Add to it, the lack of refineries and we have high gas prices. Destroy China and India's economy (not literally, just a scenerio...aimed at TJR) and build 4 mega refineries and gas will be cheaper than water..

Wait it already is cheaper than bottled water...now that is a scam...

Suckers that buy it.

Tom

Actually, bottle water is cheaper. I pay 2.99 a case for it. And, it gets left in the garage for emergencies or for the race track. And, I won't drink the water at the track which is off a well and you can see the junk floating in it.

Latest posts