Mortgage Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, I know, it goes with the territory. But from my perspective, she provided no value. None, nada, zip.

You just had a bad agent. Much the same as bad employees at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Best Buy, Circuit City, Post Office, Dealership, IRS agent, and President.

Just because one person is bad, does not mean all are bad.

Tom

I didn't have a contract with my agent. She didn't get paid until I found what I wanted ... if she didn't produce I would have fired her and found a new agent.

Sounds like you should have gotten rid of her and found a new agent...

Mine worked for me.

Caymen, I never implied that all buyer agents are bad. My reason for giving my story was to caution people to understand their contract with their buyer agent. Our contract didn't have a clause that spells out what is owed, if anything, if we find a home on our own. It was meant a cautionary tale. That scenario could apply even for the BEST buyer agent. One never knows when they might run across their dream house/location.

TJR

Mud,

We were about to do that (get rid of her). Unfortunately, as luck had it, we found a house that we had to move on and to be fair, we did find it when she was still under contract.

Buyer agents that know the territory and will work closely with the customer to deliver what they want are goodness. Most are like that I suspect lest they wouldn't get contracted. Still, the caution here is to understand your contract and the terms of the service they will provide. Ours was too vague (the contract I mean) and our last home purchase we didn't use a lawyer...A HUGE "no - no" for us, as I wish we had for countless reasons.

TJR

TJR,

For what it is worth, I have over $250,000 dollars in incestments and another $250,000 coming. I am sure when you were at my age, you did not have that.

You are the last person that should give me financial advice.

Tom

Does one buy "incestments" from a family member? and how much does 250large get you?

ss:huh:

Does one buy "incestments" from a family member? and how much does 250large get you?

Since you had to comment on a typing mistake, I will have to point one of yours out.

After a question mark, you begin a new sentence. You then put a capital letter to signafy that it is the begining of a new sentence. Also, starting a sentence with the word "and" is a no-no too.

Not that I really care, but you asked for it.

Tom

Thank you for correcting my grammer, but you didn't answer the question.

ss

p.s. if we spent time correcting grammer around here we'd never talk about our ST's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzzworth,

You never really asked a question. You were commenting on a typing mistake. Instead of writing "Investments" and I hit the C instead of the V, therefore it said Incestments.

Tom

I see. Why did I use question marks, then?

Besides, from all of your defensive posts, I wasn't aware you made "mistakes".

I just thought maybe you had a special place to put all your money.

ss

I see. Why did I use question marks, then?

Well, since I can not tell where the new sentence started or ended, I see no question. Really, you could have made a mistake by putting a question mark there.

In the end, do you have anything constructive to post or are you just looking for an ego boost? Could you be posting out of jealousy? Please do not answer those questions here. Ask them to yourself. With all forms of self help, you need to be honest with yourself.

Tom

Thanks, doc. From somebody with over 18000 posts here, you must be right.

ok, now back to the constructive banter that you and TJR were having.

Latest posts