More yummy venison, mmmmmm!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

Reaction score
I was in the woods for about 15 minutes when this guy came out. Yipee! It's a 7 point. Not too great a rack, but it'll eat just as good.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hijack, but I had a friend of mine give me some ground venison. What's the best way to cook it? I have probably 2 pounds.

Sorry to hijack, but I had a friend of mine give me some ground venison. What's the best way to cook it? I have probably 2 pounds.

Pretty much the same as hamburger. You can make patties out of it for burgers or you can use it to make chili.

If it doesn't want to cook, it is to lean. Add a little oil to the skillet and it should cook just fine.

Tom

Fred Fred Fred.... that is nice... Just once I want to be the guy who just walks in the woods and "oh theres a little Spike horn" POW!!!!

Noooooo I gotta sit in cold rain for hours or trudge through some swamp.... Drag for ever...

I guess next year i will be scouting a little better.

Nice kill, enjoy

Joseymack

Thanks all. I didn't gut him in the woods because I can have it in a heated shed within 25 minutes from when I shot it. I hang it and gut it in there where it's warm and dry. All the 'stuff' :blink: falls into a big washtub. :D

thats cool dress him uplike a doe

:lol: Good idea, maybe next time I'll try that and call in the big daddy. :cool:

Marinading in McCormick's Montreal Steak mix is really good.

[Broken External Image]:

Congrats!

I've been in a slump. Seems like all the deer have disappeared in the last two weeks...

Neighbor traveled 600 miles to a special spot just to hunt deer, and came back a week later with nothing. I told him I scared three deer out of the front yard just that morning! He gave me a look and said "oh, shut up". Then he said, "I swear if I'd seen those deer on my way in, I might have shot one no matter what the neighbors say!"

One of the guys at work was recounting his only deer hunting trip to which he was supposed to meet his uncle who never showed at the stand. Thats because his uncle stepped outside to figure how he was going to dress for the hunt and saw a 12point buck in his driveway, he leaned inside the door for the gun and dropped the deer and had it in the shed before his morning cup of coffee.

My dad's boss found a small 4 or 6 pt buck w/ its rack stuck in a fence, he didn't want to waste his buck tag on a little one so he walked over it to see if it was still alive, he touched it on the back, it reared up and snapped his neck. He called the sheriff and the sheriff gave him a road kill tag since obviously he hadn't shot it at all.

Nice deer Fred.

I got an average eight point in PA the last Wednesday of archery season. I started archery hunting several years ago because of all the A holes who only go hunting on the first day of gun season. It got to the point where it was more important to outsmart the other hunters than the deer. Besides, the deer act more naturally during archery season since all the human scent and orange coats are not in the woods. :p

My cousin bagged a 10 pointer opening day. Dressed out at 275lbs! it made Boone and Crockett....he got it here just outside of Syracuse, NY

Dressed at 275? got a pic, because that is really hard to believe

thats only 8 lbs off the world record.

Last edited by a moderator: