More problems than I can handle!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Lovell

Reaction score
Hello, since last week my ST has ran like CR@P!! on stat-up and when idling it shakes intermittently. When I start to accelerate it really shake and if i accelerate for a long period (going up a long hill) the truck makes a popping sound (maybe backfiring?) and loses acceleration when it happens. When I am at 45-55mph i dont notice the shaking. I am getting a check engine light and when I run the scan i get 2 codes. P0316 - Missfire detected 1st 1000 revs, and P0306 - Cylinder 6 missfire detected. is this a spark plug or coil issue? or is it something else?

:cry:

Aloha Flex,

Mine has done that two times. Each time at start up, it sounded like a backfire through the intake. It turners out to be a vacuum hose loose. I would check under the hood for rubber hoses that go nowhere.

Ed

You've isolated the misfire to cylinder #6, the easiest plug to pull and check.

Don't see how a vacuum hose leak would throw the specific 316/306 codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the same problem with mine today.. 91K miles, replaced Plugs and wires.. found that #4 Plug was broken inside the boot cap where porcelain meets electrode. Replaced that and fuel filter everything is purring now. javascript:insertAtCursor(document.forms['MESSAGEFORM'].MESSAGE,':supercool:')