More PayPal Scams!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WXMotorSports DecalsPartsAccs

Reaction score
Just received and email where it looks like it's from PayPal. What little do these thieves know PayPal will address you by your account name. Anyway, the moron has an image in the email requesting you to login. I looked at the source and the fool has it on a domain name that easily can be traced to them. I sent it to [email protected].

I forward mine to spoof@paypal and spoof@ebay too. What really cracks me up is that I don't even have a PayPal account. :lol:

My bank recommends that you forward these emails to the FTC at [email protected] . Just forward the email, don't change or retype the subject line so they can trace it properly, then delete it from your inbox.

I've only ever gotten one of these emails in my life, the guy got lucky and I had an account at the bank he spoofed. Unfortunately, my bank doesn't have my work email information, and that's where the email went, so it set off an alarm... then I realized, my bank never emails me, except for the rare occasion when they send me one that says, open a browser, go to our page, login, and go to your message center.

So I was bored at work and decided to trace the email back to its source, and send all the trace info along with the email to the ftc, and the ISP that it was sent from.

I'm sure it was some poor fool with a zombificated PC due to a virus or something, but I honestly believe that computers should be like guns, if you're stupid enough not to reasonably secure yours, you should be liable.

I helped sell a motorcycle for a friend of mine by posting it on a few freebe websites. Out of the 20 or so responses, only one was legit the rest were all Nigerian scams. I yanked one of these guys into sending me a real $6400 check for a bike that was advertised for $3400. The check is real with a real watermark and all the stuff is legit. Except it isn't his account. They use a service called www.qchex.com whose website gives you a Java app that lets you fill in every last field on the check including account numbers. They charge about one dollar which includes mailing to any US address. The day after he mailed the check he wanted the difference mailed back to "a shipping company" by via Western Union which is the same as sending cash. The interesting thing is that the first few checks will actually clear because they are drawn on a legitimate account. So even if you wait for the check to clear and give it time you will still get hosed because it is still a bogus check. Anyway, I photoshopped a Western Union receipt and put in a bunch of bogus info and all his info he requested. Then he emailed me and said every thing on the form was wrong. So I appologized and remailed another attachment, but this time it was the I love you virus. He claimed he couldn't open it so I'm pretty sure he got infected.

Latest posts