MoonRoof leak

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcirtap

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows where the ac drain tube might be located. few days ago i removed the door sill on passenger side and noticed water was in there. Figured i would get to it when i had more time, yesterday i decided to take a closer look and discovered that the whole passenger side floor is soaked. Hard to tell since the floor is made of rubber, but the mat under is drenched in water. Alot of dam water. I thought maybe it was the third break light but headliner is dry as is the rear part where sub is. Only passenger side is wet. I shop vac some of the water, but mat is still soaked. It is water and doesn;t seem to be coolant. Thinking maybe a/c drain clogged...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto Gavin, if you have a sunroof. One in each corner. Clear hoses with low pressure compressed air or flexible wire.

Yeah i am thinking it is the sunroof. It rained alot over last few days. i am now thinking that maybe sunroof drain is just draining into truck instead of the exterior. If i am not mistaken the drains run though the a pillar and c pillar right?

Well i found out where leak is coming from. It is the passenger side moonroof drain. If i remove the a pillar i get some water coming from the edge of head liner and rest comes out through the bottom kick panel

Glad you found the leak. What's the difference between a moonroof and sunroof? Guess it depends on which one you can see. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
hahaha no clue actually. all the same to me. Found the leak but still not sure how the heck i will deal with it. My guess is a tube got disconnected somewhere. Tube is not really very excessable. Went to two garages and a car window place and all three to me too much work and would be to expencive... Can only imagine the cost to get this fixed at the dealer. I am discouraged. This truck has been nothing short of a nightmare. Problems never stop in the last 2 years since owning it.

Latest posts