Moog updated design upper control arms

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becker69 CO

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Moog has an updated design to the OE Upper Control Arms? I just wondered... I was looking at Ball Joints in case I have to do them and Moog catalogs seperate control arms and thus seperate replacement ball joints depending on if you have their updated design.... with specific notes that some of their replacement ball joints "will not fit OEM control arms". Anyways, I just wondered if anyone here knew anything about the new design... how much better, etc. Thanks.

Moog like most aftermarket companies. Design and engineer parts Better than OEM. They study OEM defects and problems. They make their part better so they last longer, and make sure that if OEM part had a common problem, that theirs Don't!! I manage an OReilly Auto Parts. All my shops as well as myself will only by moog products! Far superior than oem. Also Moog puts grease zerks in there products when oem doesn't!

I have a 98 Mountianeer 4x4.. From factory the upper ball joints are part of the control arm. so if a ball joint goes out you have to replace the whole control arm. MOOG however makes not on the control arm but makes it where you can replace just the ball joint. So later on down the road you can replace just that, if that is bad, and not the whole control arm.

Jeremiah

Latest posts