Moog sway bar link

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Bartman

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2007 4x4 trac and I put the moog k9275 sway bar links on about 2 years ago and they have play in them so they are bad and I see moog made a problem solver link part # k700542 so I was wondering if anyone used these links yet and are they better then the blue rubber ones and is there any tips for installing these and also I am going to replace the rubber sway bar mounts < any advice on brands or part number on these will be very helpful thanks John

If anything, the new design Moog poly end links should be easier to start the threads because of the barrel nuts. Install with tires straight and on the ground

or use ramps. The poly bushings won't deform as much as the blue thermoplastic rubber bushings used on the K7275. 10-15 ft/lbs. should be adequate.

Last edited by a moderator:
My moog thermoplastics eventualy split. So I used polys on the moog hardware. One year all is well.

I believe the Moog links with the blue bushings have a replacement warranty that should cover your 2 yr old ones. However, it's a matter of do you really want to put the same ones on there? Yeah, like everything else, Moog appears to have bent over a while ago and is having those Made you know where - China! Mine have snapped twice before whereas they never did that before - and yes bushing cracks like no tomorrow.

Get the newer ones, maybe they are still being made here because they seem to be performing better.

I installed Energy Suspension links and (urethane) bushings eight years and 90,000 miles ago; still going strong.

Latest posts