Monroe Shocks re-visited

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nik Hoffman

Reaction score
I know there have been numerous postings on shocks, Just wanted to add to an older post. I stopped by my local Sears yesterday and looked into shock replacement. I was correct, FREE install on monroe shocks, problem is, I was quoted just over $300 for the set of Reflexes, Sensa Tracs were less but not by much. I did a search and foud a wholesale shock site offering free shipping and can get the whole set of Reflexes for $188. Hasanyone found them cheaper? Any other ideas?

I recently got Reflexes (although I thought I was placing order for SensaTracs) from Rockauto.com. All 4 shipped for less than $110US. This was even better than a Buy3get1Free deal!. I installed them myself.

I also have an 04 2WD. The part#s are:

911177 and 911035

Last edited by a moderator:
Nik- Bought 2 prs. Monroe Sensa Tracs (37035-37177) for $106.25 including $20 Monroe Stimulus Plan Rebate from Sears 50% Off Sale 4/4/09. What a deal, despite the PITA changing the rears, not to mention giving some "knuckle blood". LOL.

Attn: George T- MY problem is I am only "trained" to use ONE "tool". :huh:

Thats the site I was reffering to, I checked RockAuto and its even less. I have bought from them before so will probably go with them.

Yea, its definetly to get it from RockAuto or shockwarehouse, and if you know how to handle tools, than I think it will be pretty easy installing them yourself. I didnt get knuckle blood, but I got a big bump on my head for a couple of days.:lol:

I'll sell you the two rear reflex for $40 shipped. I ordered the 2 front and 2 rear from amazon and they sent me 4 rear. They usually have good prices they just can't get the orders right.

fist they had sent me 2 sensatrac and 2 reflex after some fighting they sent me 4 rear reflex and i just gave up.

:angry:

Sorry it took so long to respond, I had to go to work. I was able to go part time so Im at home during the day to watch my son and work at night. Anyhow, whichpart #'s are the shocks? Are we talking $40 including shipping or plus shipping? and when are you looking to unload them? It would be next Friday before I could send the money, would PayPal be ok?

It's a matter if what is your time worth? If Sears is $300 installed and you found them for $188, that's probably close to what Sears actually charges for the shocks plus an hour and a half or two of labor.

If you want to pay $188 instead and spend the better part of a day under your truck doing it yourself, well more power to you. Me, I don't have that kind of time.

FWIW, I did try to change shocks on my old '05 Trac. Got a set of Pro Comp ES9000's and figured I'd do one a day but they arrived missing a number of small parts and one was defective right out of the box, so I drove to Sears on three shocks and got a set of Sensa Tracs installed for a little over $200. After a rather comical phone call to 4 Wheel Parts, I sent them back for a full refund.

brand new Monroe Reflex shocks #911035

$40 including shipping.

I can shipp them when ever you send me the money.

Paypall is perfect.

Sorry spdglez, I already got them. RockAuto has a pretty decent price on them and I made a post with a 5% discount code.

was everything ok with them Nik, I didn't even open the box i just scribeled over the old shipping label and placed a new one.