Modern kids' names

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Bill V (though I can't say that I've actually met those real people).

Do you not want to continue the generational numbering? I think that it might have been cool to have been a "[whatever name] The Fourth"....though considering the disaster that is John Rockefeller IV I think I could understand an objection to that.

BTW, I've always thought of "couldn't care less" to mean that the issue is so massively important to you that it is unthinkable, impossible, for you to care less.

Yeah, I really don't care what thee middle name is; just want to keep Hugh in the name.

I'd be fine with using the suffix. She says no way and I don't care enough about that to make it an issue.

My wife is a kindergarten teacher. She once had a kid whose first and middle names were Henry Amos--but when she met with the mom before the school year started, she thought the mom said that everyone calls him "H.A.", and to call him that in school. So she started using it, writing it on his name tag, coat hook, etc. A few days later, she got a call from the mom, very politely saying that my wife had misunderstood her. The boy's father's name is Amos, and because the son looked so much like his dad as a baby, people started calling him "Amos Junior"--which got shortened to "A.J." It was just coincidence that those two letters, said together, sound almost exactly like his actual first two initials. Talk about a kid doomed to a lifetime of name confusion...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a class freshman year of college with a guy name Michael Hunt that went by Mike. The same year I worked with a guy whose dad's also had that name. I always thought it was one of those rumored joke names but having association with two of them in the same year made me realize it must actually be more common than I'd have thought.

There were twins born in my town...

Lemongello (Spelled Lemonjello) and Orangello (Spelled Orangejello).

No joke!!!

Children born with very "ethnic" names, have a harder time with job searches.

My Son is named "Thomas Louis" and my daughter is "Hannah Jane".

Classic names with little to no ethnicity.

Tom

Latest posts