mobile,al

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
has anyone been to or live in moblie,al. i am headed to there for bay feast, the sea food festal. or should i say the ship is. i was wondering what there is to do and what to go and see.

thanks.

hdt

My wife & I have been to Bellingrath Gardens and Home, but it was in early December when it was decorated w/Christmas lights. Their Chrstmas light display tops Opryland Hotel's in Nashville, TN.

And if you're into stock car short track racing there is Mobile International Speedway.

And there is a resturant overlooking Mobile Bay called the Original Oyster House, while we have not eaten @ this particular location we eat @ their other location in Orange Beach, AL everytime we are in the area.

Hope this helps!

Les C

My wife grew up there and her brother still lives there. The previous post mentions Bellingrath Gardens which are very nice. The beach at Dauphin Island is nice and quiet. The beaches at Gulf Shores are nice, but the area is much more touristy and built up. Tons of good restaurants in the area.

If you are going to be there on Saturday, I would hit the beach, find a good sports bar and watch some of the most rabid college football fans in the country cheer for Alabama and Auburn! :)

Mobile itself is an OK city, all the times we visit my brother-inlaw we have never gone downtown, usually just to the beaches or out fishing. Some of the best fishing charters around in that area.

Also, speaking of food, Diners Driveins and Dives was at a place across the bay in Foley, I want to try that place sometime!

Latest posts